Tuesday 2 January 2018

Thing 5: Video Presentations


Powtoon  


This free animated presentation tool was good, but I didn't love it!  There are lots of templates available to edit or start from scratch.  You can easily modify each slide by changing text, font, image and props.  You can preview your creation at any time with the play button and then stop and make changes, I did this alot!! There are lots of options for sharing via social media buttons on the powtoon page to facebook, twitter etc.  You can also export to Youtube.  I decided to use the embed code provided which was easy to embed into this blog.  Overall I found powtoon fiddly but that maybe due to my lack of familiarity with it.

Screencasting

Screen-O-Matic

I like the idea of screencasting for the classroom especially when it comes to basic computer skills such as saving documents and setting up folders where a set of short self help tutorials would be extremely beneficial.  I think it would be also useful for teaching information literacy skills - especially when it comes to searching the internet and showing how to search efficiently - perfect for capturing  "thinking  aloud strategy".  The tutorials on this site were very helpful.  The only challenge now is to get over the sound of my own voice!!  I need  practice and a better script! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thing 22: Reflection Engaged Professional

For the last month I have been "Running up that Hill."   I am almost there, I think??  This last badge has me thinkin...